A Good Day for the Prosecution
Some big-picture thoughts on today’s testimony in the Conrad Murray trial for the homicide of Michael Jackson:
- The “parade of girlfriends” (credit to HLN’s Alan Duke) solidified the prosecution’s week-long characterization of Murray:
- Greedy (and cheap)
- A player
- The prosecution snagged Murray’s L.A. girlfriend in an attempt to lie about having seen Murray’s proposed contract for services. The jury can learn a lot about this man by the company he keeps.
- Conrad Murray lied to Las Vegas pharmacist Tim Lopez in the following ways:
- Told Lopez benoquin was for multiple African American patients; it was for one: MJ
- Represented the Santa Monica delivery address was a medical office; in reality, it was his girlfriend’s apartment
The prosecution had a successful day.
Check out my Twitter feed (@MCBtweets) — and follow me — for more of my impressions on the trial.